38th Annual Art Auction – June 3, 2016
The Art Gallery of Burlington is proud of its rich tradition in hosting an annual, live art auction. Now in its 38th year, we have grown this event into a week-long celebration of visual art with local, regional and national artists. We accept paintings, mixed media, 3-D pieces and photography from all genres and themes.
This week-long celebration features:
- Live Auction
- Silent Auction
- 99 Pieces of Art on the Wall Art Sale
The Art Gallery of Burlington is at the heart of arts and culture in the region. With an inspiring variety of exhibitions, education programs and an acclaimed Canadian contemporary ceramics collection, it is vital that AGB raise funds to continue to offer enriching programs to our community and keep the galleries free and accessible to all, seven days a week.
- Deadline for Submissions: February 29, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance into the Auction: by March 31, 2016
- Artwork Intake: May 13 – 15, 2016
- 99 Pieces of Art on the Wall Art Sale: May 29 – June 3, 2016
- Live & Silent Auction: June 3, 2016. Doors at 6pm, event 7:30pm – 10pm
- Unsold Artwork Picked Up By: June 11, 2016
- Cheques and Tax Receipts will be mailed by: July 31, 2016
Art Sale and Auction – Celebrating Canadian Art
This year’s Art Auction celebrates the 100th anniversary of The Jack Pine, a beloved oil painting Canadian artist Tom Thomson that has become an iconic representation of the Canadian landscape. Thomson was an important influence on the Group of Seven and together they ignited a passion in Canadian artists that still resonates today. At 6pm the night begins with a catered cocktail reception accompanied by a jazz trio while you preview the fabulous artwork on offer. The Live Auction starts at 7:30pm and the Silent Auction and 99 Pieces of Art on the Wall sale close at 9:30 pm when guests are treated to coffee, dessert, and a pianist to complete the evening.
2016 Art Sale and Auction Planning Committee
Cheryl Goldring, Chair
Danielle Gibbons, AGB
Mary Kay Aird, AGB