The AGB is dedicated to freeing minds and feeding spirits.
Access to professional arts studios, thought-provoking contemporary exhibitions, and the talented team of artist-educators make the Art Gallery of Burlington an ideal place to experience arts education outside of the classroom.
The Art Gallery of Burlington is Burlington’s public art gallery and community art centre, and holds the largest collection of contemporary Canadian ceramics.
Book your next art experience today!
Fill out the form below to book your AGB School Program.
Booking with the Art Gallery of Burlington
AGB School Programs are available Monday to Friday, from September to June. Our morning session begins at 9:30 am, and the afternoon session begins at 12:00 pm.
Studio Activity: $12/student
Gallery Tour: $5/student
Book two Studio Activities at $20/student
Exploring Colours | Grades: Kindergarten to 3
This program provides an introduction to watercolour medium and techniques. Students will explore colour mixing, textures, and will learn to paint large areas using washes.
Curriculum links: Visual Arts
Printmaking Introduction | Grades: 1 to 6
Students will be guided through the basics of printmaking. Each student will create their works, and in addition, a larger class group work will be created.
Curriculum links: Visual Arts, Indigenous Studies
For our ceramic sculpture series, our classes this year will focus on animal and plant biology. Students will not only learn essential components of plants, and animal cells, but will do so while acquiring the fundamentals of creating clay sculptures.
Theme: Life of Plants | Grades 1 to 7
Theme: Animal Cells | Grades 8 to 10
Curriculum Links: Visual Arts, Science, Biology
Pinch-Pot Clay Figures | Grades: 1 to 8
Work closely with our education team to customize this program to suit your class needs! We can easily accommodate different pinch-pot themes, from animals to abstract art pieces.
Curriculum links: Visual Arts, various
3D Wire Sculptures | Grades: 4 to 10
In this program, students will construct 3D sculptures out of wire. They will be guided through contemporary drawing techniques. Classes may choose to work with either the human figure, or the human face.
Curriculum links: Visual Arts
Our outreach program brings our artist-educators to your site! Currently, we offer “Exploring Colours” and “Printmaking Introduction” as 1.5-hour arts activities for our off-site programming. Our educators bring all of the necessary supplies to your class to enhance arts learning in your classroom.
- Classes must be a minimum of 15 students. For smaller groups, a minimum charge of $180 applies.
- Booking requests must be made at least two weeks in advance. Your booking is confirmed once you receive the invoice for your program(s).
- Cancellation requests must be made no later than 48 hours before the start of the workshop. After this period, an $80 cancellation fee will be charged.
- The AGB will not charge for a rescheduling or cancellation due to inclement weather.
- Payments is due on the day of the school visit.
- Teaching staff and adult supervisors are responsible to student behaviour and are required to accompany their classes. Teachers and adult supervisors are encouraged to participate throughout the day’s activities.
- The School Bus drop-off and pick-up area is located by our Brock Lobby, the entrance to which is most convenient through the lane-way on Brock Ave.
- The AGB is a nut-free facility. We also encourage all of our attendees to bring in litter-free lunches and snacks.
For more information, please contact:
Sydney Bouwers, Education Coordinator
905-632-7796 ext. 307